Determining Your Ring Size
Because the jewelry industry has yet to perfectly calibrate ring sizing mandrels and finger gauges, we are happy to offer a finger sizing method that is more accurate than going to a jewelry store and trying on rings. We have determined that clients sized in this way rarely need their rings sized, as opposed to clients who have selected their size in a single sitting.
- Once you place your order, we will ship our calibrated sterling silver bands that have the same width, thickness, size, and comfort fitting of your final ring.
- This service is complimentary if you have a deposit on file, and we even include return packaging. All you have to do is drop it in a mailbox when you are done!
- Because hands tend to swell and shrink, wear these through a day to get the best estimate of your ring size, and to ensure that the width feels comfortable.
- If your final ring is delivered in a size other than what you ordered, we will replace or resize the band at no additional charge.
- If you need your ring resized for other reasons, see charges.
- The round trip shipping of sizers to Canada via FedEx International Priority is $100. We will prepare all of the customs documentation and return package preparation, so it will be smooth and simple for you to return the package. Please inquire within for shipping costs to other countries.
What if you have no idea what size you are to start with?
- Have your finger measured at a local jewelry store
- Print out this ring sizer chart for an estimate. If you use this form, make sure you print it without scaling, cut out the strip exactly, and pull it tight around the finger.
- We can send you a finger gauge with multiple choices.
What if you don't know the ring size and it's a surprise?
- Take a ring that your partner wears on the LEFT HAND ring finger to a jeweler to find out what size it is. Report to us the size and the width of that ring. Keep in mind that top heavy rings will want to be a little tight, not floppy.
- Take a ring that she/he wears on the RIGHT HAND ring finger to a jewelers to find out what size it is. Report to us the size, width, and whether this person is left or right handed.
- Print out this ring sizer chart and use it to measure size of existing ring using ring circles, or cut out paper and measure the finger when he/she is sleeping (room for error: 1/2-1 size)
- Ask her/his mother, sister or friend
- Take her/his ring finger ring and put it on one of your fingers, if you can't steal it for a day. Mark where it goes up to with a pen, then go to a jewelers and find the ring size that goes up to the same spot.
- Take her/his ring finger ring and press it into clay/wax/sculpey/art tack and send it to us.
- Let me know her/his weight, height and body type and we will guess.
- Disclaimer: We defer to your final answer for the ring size. Ring resizing is subject to additional charge, price dependent upon a few factors (metal type, up or down, etc).