RETURN POLICY FOR ALL JEWELRY AND STONES
We stand behind every piece that we make. It is our mission to create jewelry that is about love, for love, and just simply loved.
Our guarantee is that your piece will match the order details you approved, and will be hand-made with quality and craftsmanship that is unsurpassed. We meticulously hand craft each made to order piece and responsibly educate and communicate so that you can make the best choices for your item as it is developing.
If you are not completely satisfied at the time your jewelry is delivered or picked-up, let us know on the spot and we will improve, exchange or refund the piece. Share your concerns with us immediately and return the unworn piece with original packaging and certifications within 15 days.
We will work until the piece matches your order and meets your satisfaction. (The only charge may be for the difference in price if upgrades are requested or the design would have cost more originally.)
Custom jewelry can take several weeks to create from start to finish and you are involved in the design process, so we rarely receive requests for refund. If you do request a refund, please understand that we have incurred fees, spent time and labor for correspondence, CAD design, and procuring materials for your project, so a 15% design fee will be retained from the refunded amount. Rush, appraisal, and shipping fees are not refunded.
We want you to love your jewelry for a lifetime and are willing to explore many solutions for each situation.
We understand that sometimes things happen and should you need to cancel your order, please do so within one week of placing your deposit and receive a refund (less shipping charges for any samples, colored stones, or sizing rings that have been sent at your request). After that time, the 15% design fee will be retained from the refunded amount.
Diamonds and Gemstones
- Each ring is made for the unique dimensions of the stone or stones you select, whether provided by you or purchased through Krikawa.
- Colorless Diamonds: If you purchase your diamond through Krikawa, we guarantee it will match the GIA or AGS certification. We are happy to email a copy of the certification for your approval. We typically do not ship diamonds for approval since grading is highly standardized, quality is easily communicated, and each diamond is evaluated for premium cut, color and clarity by our designers.
- Colored Gemstones: Upon request and with a full deposit to cover the stones, we can ship up to 3 colored stones to you for approval, in a single shipment. (For international shipping to Canada add $150; for other destinations, please inquire.) Subsequent shipments will be subject to non-refundable shipping charges ($100 domestic US; $150 Canada; inquire for other destinations. Charge is added for each additional shipment).
- Diamonds and Gemstones over $3,000 are nonrefundable.
Please Read and Understand
- We do not remake, exchange or refund for buyer’s remorse, breakups, or surprise designs. Even in these cases, we always guarantee the craftsmanship and overall quality of the piece.
- Our return policies do NOT apply to altered inventory items, items marked “final sale”, or items purchased from our estate or pre-owned collections. Please ask in advance about these items, as many are not returnable or exchangeable.
- We allow exchanges or return for a store credit, minus a 30% restocking fee for up to 60 days from the date of delivery or pick-up. The item must be returned in perfect, unworn condition, with all original packaging and certifications.
- If more than 60 days has passed or your item is in less than perfect condition, consider consignment with us. Contact our concierge to discuss your situation.
- Trust Krikawa to maintain and repair your ring. Many of our designs are highly technical, created with unusual material and proprietary techniques.
- We recommend that you have jewelry steam cleaned and inspected by a professional jeweler twice a year. If your Krikawa jewelry is worked on by another jeweler beyond routine inspection, then all warranty, refund and return policies are voided, and an hourly rate of $150/hour will apply for any repair work that is needed.
- We recommend returning your non-mokume jewelry to Krikawa for service annually.
- We recommend returning mokume jewelry to Krikawa every other year for refinishing.